Jeff Mayo, Director of Schools of Arlington Community Schools, Kay Williams, Arlington Board Member, and Dr. Dale Viox, Arlington Board Chair, discuss the importance of teacher appreciation within its schools and how these efforts have paid off – Arlington Community Schools has being designated as the #1 Top Workplace in the Memphis-Metro region.
For more information as to Arlington Community Schools, click here to access their website. Below are some facts about the school district:
- ACS was formed in 2014, with them opening their doors in August of the same year.
- Now, in their 9th year as a school district, ACS has about 4,800 students in four schools: two elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school.
- ACS has approximately 535 employees.
Examples of how ACS showes teacher appreciation and support are as follows:
- Quarterly celebrations – lunches provided by the district every nine weeks;
- PLUS Experience – recognizes employees for going above and beyond their duties;
- Employee spotlight – every month, one employee from each school is chosen by administrators to be highlighted in the district newsletter and on social media;
- Birthday message – personalized birthday message sent from the Superintendent;
- Monday motivation – the Superintendent sends motivational message to employees every Monday to help kick off the week; and
- Strategic Plan incentive giveaway – employees are encouraged to post on social media how they are implementing the new strategic plan in their classroom, with a winner selected from each school.