School Board Appreciation Week
Governor Bill Haslam has declared January 21-27, 2018 to be School Board Appreciation Week in the state of Tennessee. This is a great time to focus on the crucial role an elected school board plays in our communities and schools. Plan now to show your school board members you appreciate their dedication and hard work. They are extraordinary people who voluntarily tackle the enormous job of governing school districts. Their actions and decisions affect the present and future lives of our children.
Recognizing board members for this commitment and sacrifice takes a combined effort on the part of all those they serve: administrators, school staff, students, and the community. Even though showing appreciation should be a year-round process, taking advantage of the designated School Board Appreciation Week in January ensures that these important people receive some of the thanks they deserve.
Ideas and Tips
Contents of the Kit Include:
- Activities/Tip sheet with ideas for recognition activities.
- Sample letters to school board members’ employers.
- Sample marquee slogans, Facebook statuses, and Twitter updates.
- Sample column for the district newsletter, local newspaper, website or other publication.
- Sample news release.
- Sample radio public service announcements.
- Governor Bill Haslam’s Proclamation.
- Sample Proclamation.
- School Board fact sheet.
- School board week ads (please see separate files in dropbox).