GASB 45 Trust
The TSBA GASB 45 Trust helps those systems wishing to pre-fund their OPEB liability. The trust is administered by TSBA, an entity answerable directly to its members. The school system’s investment will lower their annual required contribution (ARC) and their overall OPEB liability. By pooling resources, the TSBA GASB 45 trust will lower per-system costs and has the potential to increase the system’s return on investment.
TSBA has partnered with Willis, a leading financial advisory group, to provide the actuarial service required by GASB 45 at a competitive price. For information on how your system can join the Trust, please contact Leigh Mills at ext. 3905.
The GASB 45 Trustees, which are appointed by the TSBA Board of Directors, are:
- Bob Alvey, Jackson/Madison County Board Member
- Gerald Buckles, Johnson County Chairman
- Chris Caldwell, Shelby County Board Member
- Jackie Deitmen, Hickman County Board Chairman
- Kevin Woods, Shelby County Board Member
- Renea Jones-Rogers, Unicoi County Board Chairman & TSBA President (Ex-Officio)
- Tammy Grissom, TSBA Executive Director (Ex-Officio)
Dates and locations for the 2013 Board of Trustees Meetings:
- Tuesday, February 19, 2013; TSBA Headquarters
- Monday, November 11, 2013; Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center
Frequently Asked Questions
Pricing & Data Request Sheet