School Board of the Year Award
Each year TSBA honors a school board for excellent service. The superintendent, school administrator(s), board secretary, parent-teacher association or organization, a member of the board-appointed committee, may make nominations.
- Must have met all the standards to be a TSBA Board of Distinction
- Policy (developing, application, monitoring)
- Long-range planning
- Board efforts to promote quality education including involvement with the legislature, congress, city/county commission, State Board of Education, community and staff
- Board development activities (including boardsmanship award levels for each member)
- Relationship with the media
Deadline for nominations is September 30
The announcement of the winner and presentation of the Award plaque will be made during the TSBA Annual Convention in November.
For additional information contact Lindsay Campbell, TSBA Director of Communications and Member Services 800-448-6465, ext. 3907 or email@example.com.